Coordinated strategy against hunger
In a combined effort against hunger and looming famine caused by the Corona virus the NMB Church Leader Network develop a strategy for churches to address the need through a joint, coordinated effort. The Church desires to be of optimal service to the whole community
The strategy is spelt out in two manuals, describing the concrete and practical actions to be undertaken by all churches.
Called NMBCLN Manual 1: Overview and outline action against hunger v1.1, the first manual outlines the strategy. It gives the big picture and breaks the strategy down in its various categories. As introduction and overview it:
- Describes the strategy on the short, medium and long term
- Motives the choice of Food Forward SA as partner for the strategy
- Describes how an Anchor Church and its sister churches creates a network to roll out feeding programs to the vulnerable in every municipal ward in Nelson Mandela Bay
- Describes the importance of registering as a Non profit organisation and how to do it, and
- Shares other valuable resources.
This manual is also available in isXhosa – see our download section below.
The second manual, NMBCLN Manual 2: Logistics Anchor Church v1.1, describes the logistics of an Anchor Church’s operations:
- How compliance with Covid-19 regulations work
- The layout of the operational infrastructure for food distribution
- Staff training, and
- A valuable flow chart outlining of the logistical process.
- The permit for relief work during Level 4 of Corona lockdown.
Please download the manuals , read it and consider to join the network. You may send an email to email@example.com to register as a participant. You will be connected to your closest partners.
For a list of Anchor Churches and churches in the metro please see out download section below.
We are learning and will be updating
Please note that we learn as we implement and therefore adapt our strategy. Where necessary the manuals will be updated. Please visit this site regularly.
Place your cursor on the links below, right click and choose “Save link as” to store these documents on your device. Please visit this site frequently as our lists are continuously updated.
- Churches in NMB municipal wards
- List of Anchor Churches in NMB
- Contact details of Ward Councillors in NMB
- Manual 1: